Each state regulates the possession of controlled dangerous substances. Penalties vary widely from state to state.
Montana classifies controlled dangerous substances like heroin and cocaine along with the components used to manufacture them. Production of controlled dangerous substances and the sale of controlled dangerous substances carry different potential penalties and fines.
Drug Crime Lawyer in Helena, Montana
If you were arrested for a drug crime in Helena or anywhere else in Montana, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your case.
Greg Beebe is an experienced criminal defense attorney at Beebe Law Firm and is familiar with Montana's drug crime laws. He is ready to represent you if you were charged with a drug crime. Greg encourages clients to come to him from all over the State of Montana and is prepared to help with cases from residents in Lewis and Clark County, Missoula County, Gallatin County or other Montana communities.
The smart thing to do if you were charged with a drug crime is to consult with an experienced Montana attorney to assist you with your case. Call 1 (406) 442-3625 to contact Greg Beebe at Beebe Law Firm today. He may be able to challenge the charges against you.
Drug Crime Information Center
- Drug Crimes in Montana
- Montana's Drug Courts
- Montana's Club Drugs
Drug Crimes in Montana
Even though there is an endless amount of illegal controlled dangerous substances in the state of Montana, Greg Beebe is experienced representing clients charged with the following types of offense:
- Criminal possession of dangerous drugs
- Criminal distribution of dangerous drugs
- Criminal possession of drug paraphernalia
- Criminal possession with intent to distribute
- Fraudulently obtaining dangerous drugs
- Criminal production or manufacture of dangerous drugs
- Manufacture or delivery of drug paraphernalia
- Operation of an unlawful clandestine laboratory
- Drug trafficking
Drug Cases and Courts in Montana
The following drug courts are located throughout Montana:
Adult Drug Courts:
- 1st Judicial District Treatment Court - Lewis and Clark County
- 7th Judicial District Adult Drug Court - Dawson, McCone, Prairie, Richland, Wibaux counties
- 8th Judicial District Adult Drug Treatment Court - Cascade County
- 9th Judicial District Drug Treatment Court - Glacier, Teton, Toole, Pondera counties
- 13th Judicial District Adult Drug Court - Yellowstone County
- Gallatin County Treatment Court - Gallatin County
- Custer County Adult Treatment Court - Custer County
- Billings Adult Misdemeanor Court - City of Billings
- Mineral County Adult Treatment Court- Mineral County
- Chippewa-Cree Adult Drug Court - Rocky Boy’s Reservation
- Northern Cheyenne Adult Drug Court - Northern Cheyenne Reservation
Family Drug Courts
- Yellowstone County Family Drug Treatment Court - Yellowstone County
- Butte-Silver Bow Family Drug Court Butte-Silver Bow County
- Missoula County Family Treatment Court - Missoula County
- Fort Peck Family Drug Court - Fort Peck Reservation
Juvenile Drug Courts
- 4th Judicial District Youth Drug Court - Missoula County
- 7th Judicial District Youth Treatment Court - Dawson, McCone, Prairie, Richland, Wibaux counties
- 8th Judicial District Juvenile Drug Treatment Court - Cascade County
- Crow Juvenile Drug Court - Crow Reservation
Montana's Club Drugs
Ecstasy, Rohypnol, GHB, and Ketamine are among the drugs in Montana that are classified as "club drugs." Montana teens and other citizens usually take these drugs while attending nightclubs, bars or raves. Those who attend raves are usually attracted to the low cost, seemingly increased stamina, and intoxicating highs that come along with these club drugs.
Science is showing change to critical parts of the brain from use of these drugs most of them can cause a sharp increase in body temperature leading to muscle breakdown and kidney or cardiovascular system failure.
Some of Montana's "club drugs" include:
- Ecstasy - This club drug is a synthetic, psychoactive drug with both stimulant and hallucinogenic properties.
- Rohypnol, GHB & Ketamine - These club drugs are predominantly central nervous system depressants.
- Rohypnol, GHB, and Ketamine are often colorless, tasteless, and odorless, which means they can be added to beverages and ingested unknowingly.
- GHB has been abused in the U.S. for euphoric, sedative, and anabolic effects. Rohypnol has been of particular concern for the last few years because of its abuse in date rape.
- When mixed with alcohol, Rohypnol can prevent victims from resisting sexual assault.
- Certain doses of ketamine can cause dream-like states and hallucinations, and because of this, it has become common in club scenes or raves.
Montana Department of Justice – Visit the website of the Montana Department of Justice to read more about drug abuse in Montana from the State Attorney General's Office.
Drug Courts in Montana – Visit the website of the Montana Legislature to read more about the Drug Courts in Montana. Read about compliance with state law, the best practices for drug courts and more.
Finding a Drug Defense Lawyer in Helena, Montana
Greg Beebe is an experienced criminal defense attorney at Beebe Law Firm in Helena, Montana. As an aggressive and experienced attorney, he is ready to defend your rights if you have been charged with a drug crime. Contact Beebe Law Firm now if you have any questions about drug crimes. If you are ready to talk about the best way to defend yourself against felony or misdemeanor charges, then give us a call at 1 (406) 442-3625.
Call Greg Beebe to learn more about the best way to defend yourself against felony or misdemeanor charges for the possession, sale, delivery, or trafficking of narcotics in the state of Montana.
Beebe Law Firm represents clients in Montana who have been charged with drug crimes. Greg Beebe will fight and defend anyone in the State of Montana and residents in Lewis and Clark County, Missoula County, Gallatin County or other Montana communities.
His office is conveniently located at 1085 Helena Avenue in Helena, Montana, between Idaho Avenue and North Dakota Avenue. Call 1 (406) 442-3625 today to discuss your case.